This is an amazing bundle of coloured prefelt pieces!!
Each Colour Bundle is approximately 50g and contains 6 colours of commercially dyed prefelt and 2 hand dyed colours. Each piece measures about 6″ x 12″ and so there is a lot of prefelt to play with in this little Bundle of Colour Joy! Disclaimer!! I try to keep all the colours in each bundle consistent but it doesn’t always work out. The colours of the hand dyed prefelt vary from bundle to bundle but the commercial colours are pretty much the same.
Pre felt is a commercially made “semi-finished” felt. It is not a strong finished material and therefore it needs to be fully felted using soap and water to achieve its final form.
For soft edges, tear it
• For defined edges, cut it
• Cut out shapes to lay on top of laid out roving
• For nuno felting precise shapes onto your base fabric
• Use it as a base layer when making garment • Baste pieces together for a larger felt
• For depth of colour, layer different colours of prefelt and they felt together
• Mix it up with roving — lay roving on top, connect cut-out pieces with bits of roving, lay pre-felt shapes onto your laid out roving.
• Use as a base for needle felting — you might want to double it up for a very sturdy background, or wetfelt a collage of pre-felt, then needle on top
• Use for Upwolfing
• Add extra layers where you need your felt to be thicker – while saving time